Must be an Iowa thing?

Saturday, January 4, 2014
We're not sure but it seems as though Jello cake may be an Iowa thing? No one has heard of it down here! We can't believe they have been deprived of something so delicious. So to bring a little Iowa to the family today I made some Jello cake. If you haven't made this cake before you are truly missing out.

Recipe:
1 box of classic white cake mix
3 oz. box of Jello in the flavor of your choice (I use cherry)
1 tub of cool whip

This fed our family of 7 and a friend.

First, make the cake according to the box directions. Once that is baked, let it cool. While the cake is cooling, make the Jello mix and poke the cake all over (I used a straw). Next, pour the jello mixture all over the cake. It will look a little soggy but pour it all on. Refrigerate for a few hours then throw cool whip on top. Now enjoy!


Now that the recipe is posted to share, I think I'll grab myself another piece and pop in a movie!
Happy Saturday Y'all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top