New year, new me!

Thursday, January 2, 2014
Jordan and I have become masters at house sitting/pet sitting! It's pretty fun actually and any way to help others out is good with us. Not only has it been fun but it's been relaxing too and has helped us remember what it's like to be just the two of us again. We haven't lived alone in over six months! Ah! That's way too long for our liking. All the house sitting and pet sitting we have been doing has also made me realize that I'm 23, engaged and need to FINALLY learn how to cook!

So, I think now that Ellie has traveled back to the North Pole until next Christmas it's time to learn. I'll keep myself pretty busy learning how to cook and bake for my future hubby!

First up, Miss Kay's Duck Commander cookbook! I've been wanting this cookbook so bad and my future sister-in-law got it for me for Christmas. (Thanks Erica! You know the way to my heart!) I figured, I live in the south, so I'm now required to know how to make some good southern cookin'. Plus, there are wild game recipes in there for the days Jordan comes home with some delicious duck.

In our house, Jordan is the cook! I can make a killer mac and cheese and cinnamon toast. Yeah - that's about it. You can survive on just that right? Seriously, I would be 85 pounds if it wasn't for Jordan because I would be living off of mac and cheese and cinnamon toast. Thank the good Lord for giving me a cookin' man! Maybe 2014 will make me a mini Miss Kay. Jordan would LOVE that!

Besides learning to cook I have a few more New Years Resolutions I want to work hard at this year.

1. Take more pictures - I'm terrible at taking pictures and really need to be better. Last year, I even went out and bought a new camera that I used only a hand full of times! Ah! Gotta get my money's worth out of that pronto.
2. Be more open to more experiences and opportunities and work the hardest I ever have at them - I think that's about as good as I can express this one. I'm far from closed minded but there have been so many amazing changes in my life recently. I want to have even more stories and memories to look back on where I can say, I did this, I worked hard at it, and this is what I accomplished!
3. Live simply but take every adventure thrown at me - I want to relax more and enjoy the moment. So instead of feeling like I did nothing on a lazy Saturday, I want to enjoy the fact that I got a day where I didn't have to do anything but enjoy the day.
4. Avoid judging others. You never know what others are going through or how they came to the decisions they did. As Eleanor Roosevelt said, "Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."
5. Pray more. I try to pray every night but I need to pay more attention to growing my faith. I'm far from a church goer but if I keep my attention on God like he deserves, I believe I'm working to be a better Christian.
6. And last but certainly not least, get this body wedding ready - I have 6 months until the wedding which means I have 6 months to work my butt off and get back in shape. I tell ya, it's all that good food Jordan makes. Darn him! No more. Now I'm the cook and I'm cooking healthy or cooking so bad we decide not eating would be better! Ha!

Wish me luck everyone! I will certainly need it....especially when it comes to cooking! 
I'll keep you all posted on my burnt dishes and my yummy ones. 

Happy TGIF!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top