Saturday in the South - Tracy Lawrence

Monday, May 5, 2014
Fayetteville's motto is "Keep Fayetteville Funky" and we were half way there this past weekend. Ends up my Dad's chiropractor is good friends with country singer Tracy Lawrence and brought him and his band to golf with my Dad, share a drink a bourbon at my parents house and my Dad even played a little guitar with the band. When Jordan and I heard about it we were instantly jealous. So to make it even, my Mom and Dad took Jordan and I to his show 30 minutes away from us. We got right up front where Tracy and his band saw my Dad right away and waved at him. The fiddler, Joe, even made a swinging golf motion with his fiddle! Ha! 

However, our fun night didn't end there. Believe it or not, we got to enjoy a beer with Tracy and his band on his tour bus after the show! YES! And guess who was "too cool" to ask for a picture. Yep - me. I TOTALLY regret it now. I guess all we have are the memories and the fact that he wants to come back and hang out with my Dad again. Maybe if he comes down again I will grow a pair and ask for a picture. ;)


The next morning Jordan and I got to sleep in and then decided to head over to the Fayetteville Farmers Market. We had never been but always heard that you have to go at least once. We were so happy we went. We came home with beautiful bright yellow and white tulips, fresh basil that Jordan immediately planted in the backyard and delicious asparagus that we grilled for dinner that night. It was our ultimate relaxing day that we ended with a great movie. In fact, relaxing is what needed to happen because once Sunday came, it was yard work for us.

There was great music at the Farmers Market but this band was my favorite.


Perfect weekend if you ask me that lead into a grrreat week. I have exciting news! Last Friday I accepted my first salary paid job with the company I have been doing some contracting writing for. I'm now their new office manager/writer. This weekend was the perfect weekend to start out the new chapter in our lives. Now all that's left is to finally marry this crazy man of mine and live happily ever after. Life is good!

Hope you all are having a great week as well!!! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top