Christmas Wreaths and Elf Returns!

Thursday, December 4, 2014
It's time to bust out the Christmas wreaths and make everything smell like cinnamon. 

When I graduated college, I went for about a month and a half of unemployment. I was waiting for Jordan to finish his temp. job with Iowa State and we were planning on moving to Arkansas. During that time I decided to keep myself busy and bring in a little money making wreaths.

(I made hair-tyes and baby headbands too but that story is for another time.)

Anyways, when we moved to Arkansas I stopped selling and don't do it anymore. But when your Aunt requests a unique Christmas wreath for her front door, you make exceptions!

She sent me a few images of what she wanted and I tried to create a balance between all.  
Here is what I came up with...


Everything was bought at Hobby Lobby. (I played with the chalk part.)

If you decide to do something similar you will need the following items.
A mini chalkboard
Roll of red burlap
Red striped burlap ribbon
Some fun/funky Christmas tree stuffers
Scissors 
Zip ties 

THE BOW: Go to The Domestic Diva's blog to see how it was done. I only did 4 loops instead of 6 but that's all up to you! 

The Christmas decor isn't the only thing coming back right now. Ellie the Elf is back as well!!! Although, last year Jordan and I were staying with my parents until we found a place to live so I got to set her up everywhere. This year it's all in my Mom and Dad's hands. I'm pitching ideas but it's slightly killing me not to drive over there and set her up for fun. :(

Here is what she has done so far...

Day One: She's back!!!
The image is a little dark because my Dad took it while Regan was sleeping. 


Day Two: Ellie packed lunch! 
It includes some of the essentials, candy and syrup.

Can't wait to see what shenanigans Ellie get's herself into this year....;)
Hope you're all having a great week and returning your elves from the North Pole! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top