It's beginning to look a lot like....a home!

Tuesday, December 1, 2015
We're two weeks into being home owners and have already taken out a wall, ceiling in three rooms, put in a new ceiling in the master, painted the master, put in new can lights in the living room, rewired some of the house, and almost put everything away.

Thanks to my father-in-law who came down for two weeks to help us out, we managed to get all of this done in record timing. I'm in shock with how much we have already done and can't wait to trek on with home improvements.

Before...
After! But not yet decorated.


Before...

After. But not yet painted. The trim and doors will be painted a creamy white. We may also paint in between the ceiling beams white but keep the beams wood. Ah! Decisions, decisions.


After a week and a half of non-stop construction, the rest of Jordan's family made it down. We got to pause the fixing and soak in the family. There was a lot of card games, a lot of laughs, a lot of Black Friday shopping (my first and last time!) and lots of cuddles. My nephew, Broden, and Josie became quick BFF's!

By the way, Black Friday shopping in Mountain Home is insane. I think it's because all we have is Walmart but none the less, those shoppers are mighty crazy! After making our way through a busy isle, we got stuck near the electronics trying to get over to the toys. It was packed with people. We were at a standstill. Behind me was a woman who decided the best way to get me moving in a wave of people was to slam me in the back with her cart multiple times! This was my living hell. HA!!

Also, can we point out how sad my Thanksgiving get-up was...Thank God my in-laws are laid back.



Lakin is a fantastic and very proud big brother! 

For now, I'm going to relax for the night, miss all the baby Alza cuddles I got over the weekend and enjoy the calmness around this house until the chaos of construction begins again.

Have a wonderful week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top