Dear Husband and Soon-to-be Daddy...

Sunday, January 15, 2017
While I was pregnant, I wrote as a form of stress reliever. While looking through some of the things I wrote, I found this. I never posted it. I never even shared it with Jordan. I kept it to myself but now, I think I'll share.

For all you soon to be Daddy's out there, here's a little insight into what goes through your very hormonal and very pregnant soon-to-be Momma.

Dear Husband...

I can't sleep but I could sleep all day! It doesn't make sense. I know! But, I'm tired all the time. In everything I do through out the entirety of my day...I'm tired. But, when I try, I CAN'T SLEEP! I try everything I can to get a little shut eye for myself, for our unborn daughter and even for you but it doesn't always work. Mainly because I'm sooo uncomfortable. So, if I fall asleep on the couch or tell you that I'm going to lay down, please let me because maybe, just maybe, I will be able to actually get a little shut eye.


These hormones are a bitch. I found myself crying to a cereal commercial one day. It wasn't even cry worthy but I was balling like a baby. If a patient yells at me at work, it makes me want to cry. If I'm frustrated, I want to cry. I just want to cry all the time. I know you know I'm not weak but I need you to understand this baby makes me crazy and when I'm crazy, it doesn't help to hear I'm being crazy. So, let me have those hormonal moments every now and then. Don't worry - I totally see my crazy and try my hardest to stop it.


Food is a constant battle. Please don't let me run out of hot tamales, fruit popsicles, apples and please don't drink the last of the chocolate milk. Why? This is not meant to be selfish. It's just that nothing ever sounds good to eat so when I crave something (which majority of the time is one of the above), I need it and I need it now. Oh - and please stop with the popcorn. The smell makes me want to gag!!!


I'm constantly checking myself out in the mirror. No - it's not because I think I'm hot stuff. It's because I love to see my belly growing and I love to see how different my body can look from one day to the next. Every day, I'm amazed by the amount of change that can occur in 24 hours.


I constantly ache. These stretching pains are no joke! She's growing so quickly and my body is trying to keep up with her but I'm constantly achey. Especially when I wake up in the morning. She must party all night?


You are ALWAYS on my mind. Always. I think about you all day. I think about what you're thinking, feeling, seeing, experiencing. I want to know how you are dealing with all of this change. I want to know if it's even hit you that our world is about to be rocked in t-minus 3 months. I want to know if you wonder what she will look like, act like, sound like, what foods she will like, her favorite color...like I do.


I can't wait to see what you're like with her. I can't wait to see you hold her for the first time, kiss her, rock her to sleep, change her diaper, feed her, make her laugh. I can't wait to see how you discipline her, talk with her, hang out with her, cheer her on and everything in between. I told you I think about you all the time!!!


I love to see you excited about her. Watching you paint her room, precisely put together her crib, talk about how cute her little clothes we have hanging in her closet are...makes me melt. Please never stop being excited about her!


I'm so in love with you. Going through this experience with you has only made me love you more. To be honest, I didn't know that was possible! Keep being the amazing person you are.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top